With a central position on Asia's Surf Map, daily connections to each destination airport and convenient stopover/transit facilities, Singapore is truly a hub for surf travellers in Asia.
The first ones to enjoy such an easy access to all these warm water surf places are the surfers of Singapore. Short distances, cheap airfares, multiple choice of surf conditions, no wetsuit needed... Living in Singapore means access to great waves year-round!
The island of Nias has daily connections to Medan, Sumatra. Thanks to the local airlines, there is no more remote surf spots in countries like Indonesia and Philippines.
What are the nearest surf spots to Singapore?
Find out in the list below, 15 top surf spots with shortest access from Singapore:
- Ranked by travelling time
- Destination | Total Travelling Time | Surf Season
1) Desaru | 1h15mn | November to March
2) Phuket | 3h20mn | May to October
3) Da Nang | 3h20mn | Year-round
4) Parangtritis | 3h40mn | Year-round
5) Sabah | 3h45mn | July to March
6) Bali | 3h45mn | Year-round
7) Lombok | 3h45mn | Year-round
8) Vung Tau | 4h35mn | Year-round
9) Bengkulu | 4h35mn | Year-round
10) Padang | 4h40m | May to October
11) Tioman | 5h10m | November to March
12) Kerala | 5h10mn | Year-round
13) Pacitan | 5h10mn | Year-round
14) Simeulue | 5h15mn | Year-round
15) Hong Kong | 5h20mn | Year-round
40 destinations and counting >>> SEE THE FULL LIST